Alalay Ko Events was recommend to me by our emcee, Ingrid Nieto. She has worked with them a number of times already and she can vouch for their performance. It was also a pleasant surprise for me when my AE for Diamond Hotel also knows them! I guess being in the industry for the last 7 years, they have already built quite a name for themselves.
We met one afternoon in December in Gateway Mall so Erli can discuss their packages with me. Here is what they are offering:
ON THE DAY Coordination
§ Assistance and meetings two months before the wedding (Note: FREE consultation upon signing up the contract)
§ 5 coordinators on the day itself
A. You already have your ALALAY two months before your wedding day. We are going to do the following:
- Go through our complete checklist to determine which are (1)DONE, (2) FOR FOLLOW UP and (3) NOT DONE
- Assist you on accomplishing all pending transactions with your vendors
- Provide a Schedule of Payment with record (1) vendor, (2) contact, (3) contact number (4) total cost, (5) downpayment and (5) balance.
- Organize the wedding day agenda
- Provide assistance in composing and selecting readings for the misalette
- Assist in music selection for the wedding ceremony and reception program
- Produce a Processional Line Guide with detailed information as to who plays what role
- Provide various creative ideas for the wedding ceremony and reception program.
- Verify and confirm every vendors scheduled arrival and delivery requirements as stipulated in the agreement/contract.
- Assist in preparing the wedding reception program.
- Ensure proper coordination between the venue manager and all vendors (e.g floral arrangements, cake table-set up, musician or strings set up, etc.)
- Assist couple in bridal registry needs.
- Your alalay to
be in your bridal room 5 hours before your wedding to
B. Your ALALAY at the Ceremony:
- Arrange photography needs
- Check on bride and entourage for last minute details
- Gather the pillows, veil, cord for the church ceremony
- Gather flowers for distribution at the church
- Provide valuable advice and consultations via phone, fax, or email.
- Your alalay will be there an hour before the ceremony to oversee proper vendor set-up
- Coordinate with Church representatives
- Check on the arrival of specific suppliers (musicians/strings, priest/minister, wedding participants – lector, readers, offerors).
- Distribute misalettes or wedding programs to guests.
- Organize the processional and recessional line.
- Distribute flowers and copies of the processional line-up to the members of the wedding entourage.
- Turnover veil, cord and lighter to secondary sponsors.
- Turnover ring pillow, arrhae pillow and Bible to the corresponding bearers.
- Arrange offertory sequence.
- Collect candles, ring pillow, veil, cord, arrhae, pillow, Bible, etc after the ceremony.
- Arrange Photo sequence
C. Your ALALAY at the Reception Venue:
- Distribute petal shower/confetti/bubble paraphernalia to guests before the recessional.
- Check on the venue for any item endorsed to the coordinator-in-charge that may have been left behind.
- Double Check layout of room. Make sure correct table numbers & chair count.
- Confer and coordinate with captain waiter or banquet sales officer of set-up and head count of guests.
- Set up seating and place cards for the presidential table & VIP tables.
- Check arrival of suppliers : (musicians/strings, emcee, mobile, audio-visual presentation system, sound system).
- Check delivery of cake and set up of cake table.
- Check delivery of flowers and décor set up.
- Organize registration table, gift table, signature frame easel, and program distribution.
- Helps the guest(s) register and assists them to their seats.
- Gift registration and safe keeping of gifts.
- Organize presentation of the bridal party before the program starts.
- Ensure the guestbook is routed while the guests are eating.
- Assist the photographer and/or videographer where they are needed to ensure smooth transition of photos.
- Oversee and directs the cutting of the cake, toast, first dance, and garter/bouquet tosses.
- Ensure the smooth distribution of wedding souvenirs.
- Maintain timing of each event for smooth flow of the program with coordination with emcee/host.
- Take charge of the payments to be made to different suppliers using prepared checks made by the couple.
- Assist in safe-keeping and turn over of items, gifts and bridal accessories at the end of the program and endorsing them to the person responsible.
The details are very specific and I like that. Also, Erli showed me templates she uses in Excel for supplier's information and the wedding agenda. There were other templates that I cannot recall anymore but it all reminded me of my own excel documents for monitoring our wedding thingies. I was impressed, to say the least. I am an OC bride as well and I was pleased to find an OC coordinator!
Their rates are also very reasonable for me:
I checked their reviews online and is satisfied with what I found. So at the moment they are at the top of my list of OTD coordinators. Well, since I haven't met with the others yet so I guess it makes sense for them to be at the top of my list.
Hopefully I can already meet with the others. They are all so busy and 2014 is already coming soon!